First, I wanted to update on the quilting project. Last weekend, I did the first girl quilt top and this weekend I was going to put it together. I had decided to try something new and machine quilt it then hand stitch the binding. Auntie "L" had walked me through the process a number of times and I thought I would try it. Well I got through one stitch (all the way across) and it messed up. The bottom fabric puckered. So now I have to undo it and go back and do it the way I know how. Auntie "L" has promised to show me how to do it when she can physically be here helping.
To make a long story short, it was a flop. But I haven't given up. I will keep working on them.
I have another Christmas project now. We have some friends who we've found are struggling financially. So I decided that we were going to help them out for Christmas. I enlisted the help of my playgroup moms and we're all going to pitch in to do some nice stuff for them for Christmas. We haven't decided what the best way to do it is. Should we just leave a bunch of presents on the door and ring and run? Or should we incorporate the presents into a 12 days of Christmas thing? Or should we actually let them know who we are? I just hope that they won't be offended. I might be offended if someone just dropped off $300 worth of presents on my door. Although, I don't consider us to be poor so maybe that's why. I'm super excited to help a family in need! Plus, I think it will be fun to go shopping and pick out fun stuff for them. Let me know of any suggestions you have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment