Monday, November 20, 2006

Letter to the Foster Child

Dear Baby Boy,

I met you at the hospital today and to be honest I was nervous to meet you. When the lady told me about you and how you are only 9 days old, I was excited/nervous/petrified/curious all at the same time. When they told me more about your situation, my heart wanted to burst. I could not believe that at 9 days old your mom was not able to take you home and love you. I wanted so much to love you.

When they placed you in my arms, I again felt mixed emotions but the overwhelming feeling came over me that your life will never be the same because of the decisions of your mother. I felt so sad that you didn't have anyone to hold you and love you and oogle over you and snuggle you. I wanted you to stay small and safe in my arms. I wanted so much to give you my love.

I'm not sure if you are going to come be a part of our family for a time or not. I hope that whatever happens that you will be able to have a family that will take care of you and give you the support you need to make it in this world.

Love,
Kendra

No comments: