Moms for Modesty Mission Statement
1. As a mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
2. I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
3. I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
4. I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
5. I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.
2. I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
3. I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
4. I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
5. I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.
I think it's sad that we have a hard time dressing out daughters modestly because you simply can not buy clothing that is modest. I've often fussed about this with my own clothes as well. At playgroup the other day, the other moms were fussing because their 18 month olds girls were wearing 3T shirts in order to get them long enough to cover their bellies. And these girls are not real fat. It's that clothing makers are making their shirts too short so their stomach shows.
I also liked #3 where they talk about taunting boys by wearing immodest clothing. I think that is so true. I think that women blame men for being such visual people. But I really think that the blame lies with the women. They are the ones who are showing off most of their body in public. It's hard not to notice a woman who is dressing immodestly.

1 comment:
I agree with your post. Apart from the modesty angle, I have yet to see a young woman or any woman for that matter who looks good in this fashion. Most have a belly roll.
Post a Comment