Sunday, November 05, 2006

I'm Glad We Don't have 12 People in Our Family

This weekend we had the hubby's brother and family here visiting. They have 6 kids! They stayed with some friends but we got to spend all day Saturday with them! We went to Red Rock Canyon and hiked, then played and ate dinner together! It was fun!

It sure seems like nieces and nephews grow up faster when we live far away from them. Their kids are getting so big.

Their oldest is really becoming a young lady (age 12). She played with Babe the whole time (it was nice not to have to keep track of him so closely). Their youngest is the Babe's age and she loved the Little Lady. She wanted to hold her the whole time. It was interesting to see that because the Babe doesn't ever want to hold her. Not even when we brought her home from the hospital. One of their boys mowed the lawn (with supervision).

It's weird to see kids that are old enough to help out with the younger ones. I'm the youngest of 3 and I don't remember seeing that. They are all very well behaved and good kids.

I've never set a table for 11 people though. It was fun! Our house is too little though. We were quite squished at our table for 8. lol. We were really happy to have them come visit and we'd love to have them come back sometime.

No comments: