Friday, November 17, 2006

As If Our Jails Aren't Already Full Enough

Man I sure hope we don't get pulled over today. The DMV sent us a certified mailed letter (the kind they bring to the door and you have to sign for) saying that our registration for our car was suspended.

Suspended?! What for?

So I call the little number for irate customers for questions regarding this notice and the man says, "We sent you an insurance verification statement and the insurance company said you didn't have insurance with them." We of course have car insurance but they wanted to know what car insurance we had last year. We have changed companies since last year.

I told the man who our insurance provider was last year and he tried to call them. They were gone for the day but they would try again in the morning.

So I ask what would happen if we were to get pulled over tonight. He told me that the policeman would impound our car, give us a $1200 fine and possibly take us to jail.

Ummmmmm what?!?!

All because they couldn't figure out what insurance we had last year?

To make things even better, the hubby lost our registration paper for our car. So I'm sure they would take us to jail. It's insane what we have to do to get another copy of that paper. Either we have to go wait in the never-ending line or fax in a paper that has to be notarized practically signing our lives away.

So pray the policeman stay away from us this weekend.

P.S. There is a new poll down there. So go vote. Anyone who is rich and wants to send it to me for Christmas, feel free.

No comments: