I have a holiday project.
Let me preface the project with this. We are officially licensed for foster care!!!!! We have an open status and now we're waiting for a child. Actually that's not entirely true. We want to do a program called the shelter program. It's for emergency care for shorter term. We aren't licensed for that yet but we could take a foster child for the long term. We have more stuff to do for the shelter program. It's complicated. But the hardest part is over.
Anyway back to my holiday project. When we get a shelter child, we could have them for 24 hours up to 3 monthish. I thought I would make a baby quilt for each of them. These children come in with little to nothing. So I want them to leave with a lovey that they can have forever. Of course we don't know whether we'll get a boy or a girl so I'm starting with one baby blanket of each. I went to Joanns today and hit their big sale. Pretty much everything was 50% off. I bought material for the girl quilt and I think I can make them for about $15 each. I thought I'd keep them simple, just a 42 inch square blanket with 4 different blocks and maybe I'd embroidery something on a few of the blocks.
Taking it 1 step further, I thought I would try to make 4 blankets by Christmas and donate 2 to the child haven here. Even if we don't have any foster children by Christmas I still want to help out. This weekend I'm going to make the first one (if the Little Lady cooperates, is it too early for her to be teething?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so awesome Ken- you continue to be one of my heroes with your passion for caring for people.
luv ya/mary
Post a Comment