Saturday, November 18, 2006

Oprah's Baby Language Lady

I missed this Oprah Episode but 3 people have told me about it so I finally went and found the video clip. I'm intrigued enough to try it. The lady says that babies make different sounds in their cries when they are hungry, tired, uncomfortable, need to burp or pooping (or really gassy). She explains the sounds and shows real babies making them. Check it out here. There's a place where you can listen to the actual babies on there. The sounds are:
  • "neh" = hungry
  • "owh" = tired
  • "heh" = uncomfortable
  • "eair" = pooping or lower gas
  • "eh" = needs to burp
I listened to the babies and said, "I recognize that sound." So I'll update you on the experiment on to whether the Little Lady makes these sounds.

P.S. Pumpkin Crunch turned out fantastic and it's super easy to make (see comments for this post if you want to know what the pumpkin crunch recipe is).

1 comment:

Mocha said...

Eh.

Now, I didn't necessarily burp. That was just a "That sounds cool!" sound.

Also... the babies laughing is one of my favorite clips. That mom is GLOWING with joy.