Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Excitement

On voting day, I got quite excited to vote. I guess it's something my dad instilled in me. I remember when I turned 18. He took me to the polls and let me go in the booth with him to vote. We were voting for one of the Clinton elections (tells you how old I am). He showed me how to push the little pin thing in and how to vote. I of course being young and naive, voted for the exact same people he voted for (including Ralph Nator lol dad) because I thought my dad was the smartest person alive. I have since realized he isn't and have formulated my own ideas on how to decide whose name sounds the coolest vote.

I also remember voting for the first time with my hubby. We of course voted for different candidates on almost every one so our votes pretty much cancelled each other out. It was his first time voting (because of his mission) and how exciting it was for him.

This year I was a little sad that we voted separately and I of course had 2 little helpers. My oldest little helper thought it would be fun to play with the new fandangled electronic voting machine. I was quickly alerted by the numerous computer staff that if he played with the machine that my vote would be messed up. But they still gave me my sticker.

1 comment:

Norma said...

And you're setting a good example for the little helpers