Sunday, October 08, 2006

Music? Or just plain noise?

I pose this question tonight because I really don't understand. In the church, why do we meet just to meet? The question comes from an experience we had today. We went to our ward choir practice. Just to preface our ward choir, we hardly ever go because whenever we do I come home all flustered (and now I write blog posts about it lol). But they are performing next week and they really need male voices. But we went to this "rehersal" today and from the time we first sang each some to the time we were finished they sounded exactly the same. We didn't accomplish anything. Usually in a choir, you want to do something, anything to make the sound better. But no we just sang the song over and over again. What a waste of time! So why do they hold ward choir just for the purpose of holding it? I mean sure it's fun to go and sing but who really wants to go sing a hymn (because that's all we ever sing) over and over and over again for an hour?

Also, I am in desperate need of ideas to console a colicky baby? The vacuum doesn't work. Running water does but I can't run the bathtub all day. Tommorow is Monday and the return of the hubby to work. He is much much more patient than I am so the weekends are like a relief. But tommorow we go at it again. So any suggestions?? I'm going crazy so please help. It's starting to make me grumpy.

1 comment:

Kimba said...

If running water helps, have you considered a "white noise" machine or a CD that has the sound of water on it? There are quite a few of those out right now. Just an idea!