Saturday, October 21, 2006

Pumpkin Pie Sucess!

It's funny because the pumpkin pie actually worked but the pie I made from the can, I made it wrong and it wasn't that great. I put sweetened condensed milk in it instead of evaporated milk. Oppps....I didn't really know there was a difference till the hubby announced it in front of our guests. Of course, the guests said, "Oh the one you made is way better. We love it! You've spoiled us. Now the can kind will never taste the same." But they were just being nice. Like they would say, "Yuck. This is terrible." After all that work, I realized that we aren't really pumpkin pie people anyway. So we gave most of it to them to take home. She's very much a pumpkin pie person. But I will admit that mine did taste better than the can kind. The texture is completely different; they almost can't even be put in the same category. It's like comparing apples and oranges. So I'm taking orders for my famous pumpkin pie (oooppps I guess I already spilled the secret recipe). On the left is my pie and on the right is the canned version. I have to give the hubby credit for the homemade crust too.
IMG_0477IMG_0478

No comments: