Thursday, October 19, 2006


Thanks to Nello for the Header
Thirteen Things I'm excited about The Holidays

I'll admit it.
I got smitten by the Christmas bug at the store yesterday
when they had all that Christmas stuff out already.


1. The Smells I'm super excited about all the smells associated with the holidays. Like stuff baking in the oven, candles burning, a fire in the fireplace, Christmas trees.
2. Cooking / Baking Surprisingly, I love to bake. Not so much cook. But my favorite time of year is the holidays for baking because you can bake everyday and have an excuse (e.g. I'm taking these over to the neighbors that we don't know or haven't talked to for a year. Opps they never made it. Oh well maybe we'll talk to them next year. lol.)
3. My mom is coming! I'm excited to see here for a few days! She hasn't seen the Little Lady yet and she is super excited. Plus when grandma gets here everything is nicer.
4. Decorating my house I don't love hanging Christmas lights but I enjoy looking at them. I was meaning just putting out the fall stuff then changing to the Christmas stuff. This year I'm putting fresh roses in my garland. I don't care what the hubby says!
5. Volunteering / Helping Others Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to help others. I love how during the holidays people are more likely to give! I wish that could last year long.
6. Friends It seems like we get together more often and have more fun during the holidays.
7. Time off Work The hubby gets time off which means I get a break from the kids somewhat. Plus, I love spending time with him.
8. Presents I love buying presents and getting presents. It's just fun!
9. Wrapping Presents I love to wrap presents! I love the challenge of making them look all pretty and it's just . 99 for the Babe. I guess I'm weird.
10. Skiing / Snow We don't get snow here but we will probably go to Utah to play in the snow and go skiing! Last year, I was pregnant and couldn't ski so the Hubby is going to take me a bunch to make up for it.
11. New Christmas Tree We bought a tree last year on clearance after Christmas and it's pre-lit and all fancy. So I'm excited to see it and put it up. Well not yet but after Thanksgiving.
12. Christmas Music I love listening to our 10 Christmas c.d.'s for about 2 weeks then I'm sick of them. But I'm excited to sing Christmas music in the choir and hear it in the stores ect.
13. Mornings This one is hard to explain. But I mean like cold frosty mornings. Like waking up and staying under the blanket because it's cold out of it. Like starting a fire in the fireplace cold (not that we have a fireplace but my dad does). The excitement of Christmas morning too. I love having kids so I can be a kids again.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


2 comments:

Kimba said...

There really is something about the Christmas holiday season that makes everything just a little bit better, doesn't it? Maybe it's the cookies?? (haha!) I just hate how early they rush the season...maybe its because I love Halloween so much?

stop by!

Norma said...

Kendra--you've definitely captured the smells, sounds and sights of Christmas--now if I can just hold this for 2 months!

My TT is up.