Today I took my kids (that's still weird to say) for a walk. We often go walking along this path behind our house. Today we went at the wrong time. It was right as school was getting out and there is a school right by where we go walking. The Babe was super excited because we got to meet the crossing guard aka the lady with the stop sign. He hasn't quit talking about the lady with the stop sign all day! But the real interesting part of the walk happened when a bunch of children passed us on the sidewalk. I was holding the Little Lady in my arms and had received several comments throughout the walk about her (how old is she? the norm....) So I wasn't surprised when a girl probably in 4th or 5th grade said, "Oh let me see your baby." I was waiting for the normal questions when she didn't look at my baby she looked at my toddler. The shocking part came next when she said, "Oh, he's soooo sexy."
This is where my mouth hits the ground before I say, "ummm....he's 2." I actually didn't say that. I started laughing. The girl walked away and probably didn't think much about it. But geez girl, my sweet little boy sporting his macaroni and cheese stained t-shirt and skinned up knees because he runs around catching bugs and crawling in the dirt is anything but sexy. Now don't get me wrong. I think he very very cute! And someday I have no doubt that some girl will think he is very attractive. But wow, I was shocked. Maybe I'm a little overprotective but hey I'll take my chances and be overprotective in this world. It's a good thing it wasn't a man and he wasn't talking to my daughter because he would have been in rough shape. I'm way more protective with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment