First the 25 caterpillars. The hubby has been attempting to grow a garden for over a year now. Yesterday, he admitted defeat when he went out to check his tomato plants (which he has watered but hasn't looked at since the Little Lady was born 2 weeks ago) and counted 25 tomato-eating caterpillars devouring his plants. We did get enough carrots this summer for a salad, no green beans, the melons were lost to the neighbors cat, and everything else would grow like crazy but never produce any vegetables. We are successfully keeping 1 tomato plant alive because it is sitting in our house away from the caterpillars. The hubby was pretty discouraged. I think he should start over. It's fall now so he could start a fall garden again and see what happens. I mean give yourself a break, we just had a baby 2 weeks ago.
As for skinny genes, the Little Lady went to the doctor today. She weighed exactly what she weighed at birth, 7 pounds 3 ounces. This is up from her 3 day, which she weighed 7 pounds even. But apparently, that's not good enough. El doctor thinks she should weigh more (even though that puts her in the 25% on the all knowing scale that I think is bologna). He suggested that I feed her more. I said that perhaps she has bulimia because she spits up all day so I assumed I was feeding her too much. I guess that's not the case. I should somehow shove more food down her throat (thereby making more come back up) in hopes that she will gain some weight.
Lastly the prescription vacuum. This one is the best. I ask El doctor about colic. Yesterday she cried for probably 2 hours straight and I was getting nervous. I read somewhere that colic starts at 2 weeks and today she is 2 weeks old. So I of course being the overly nervous parent assumed that she has colic. When I ask, El doctor says, "Ya it's probably colic and what we usually recommend for colic is running the vacuum all day." Great so he prescribes the vacuum cleaner. That will work perfect for us with a 2 year old who is deathly afraid of the "scary" otherwise known as the vacuum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment