Thursday, October 12, 2006


Header Courtesy of Nello


Thirteen Things I would do with a Billion Dollars:

1. Buy a Gynormous House. Heck while I'm buying houses, I'd buy all my family houses too.
2. Donate to Charity. There are so many charities that I feel strongly about. Or research.
3. Go to Germany for a month. Actually there are a bunch of places that I'd want to spend a month in. I could just travel for the rest of my life. But then what would be the point in buying a gynormous house.
4. Hire a maid (to clean the gynormous house that I don't live in because I'm in Germany)
5. Buy a new piano. I can't really complain because I already have 2 pianos but I would buy a brand new piano because I've never had one.
6. Buy a hemstitching machine I've been eyeing one of these because I think they are so cool. I also want a cool sewing machine and serger.
7. Buy a truck do you know how hard it is to buy furniture without a truck. Gas is so expensive though that it's hardly worth it to have one. But since money doesn't matter in this fantasy, I can have one.
8. Have a building named after me. I mean like at a university. You know all the buildings are named after someone who donated a ton of money. Well I value education that I would donate enough so they would name the music building after me.
9. Have a redwood tree / grove named after me. Every time we go to the redwoods I am amazed at the beauty. Each grove is named after someone who probably donates enough money. Again I think the redwoods are cool enough that I want to keep them around for a long time!
10. Go back to school (in the building that's named after me lol). I never finished my degree. This one isn't because school costs so much. But when the hubby was going to school, I was working so we could eat. Now that he is working I'm staying home with the kids. So maybe it has something to do with money. I could hire a nanny to watch my kids while I attended classes as well as pay for my tuition. Also, I would have to worry too much about my grades because money wasn't an issue.
11. Complete my 1 year's supply of food storage. Lol.
12. The hubby's contribution to this list was that he would buy a new bike (like pedal bike). He rides his bike to work and we bought him a $70 Walmart bike. He has had like 5 or 6 flat tires in the past year that we've had it. Not because he's hard on the tires or anything just because it's cheap.
13. Ummmm.....save it! Duh. I mean I'd like to think that just because we suddenly got a ton of money that we would change as people too much. I mean sure we'd probably buy a few nice things the first year or whatever but we'd probably still have the same friends and eat at the same cheapo restaurants ect. I can't ever imagine us going out and buying $200 jeans or other extreme things.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Jules
2. Amy
3. Bubba
4. Colleen


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drive a truck and I absolutely LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

Thats a fun list. I want a piano as well

Bubba said...

Great list! All I could think about, though...was when I was a kid, the question was "what would you do with a million dollars?" I guess inflation grew it into a billion, making inflation for dreaming big 1000%.

Yes, Bubba's a nerd.

Happy TT!

Colleen said...

You've got to be LDS with that food storage answer! LOL. Happy TT!