Well I survived! Barely. No, actually the surgery went well, I guess. I was gone for the whole thing. lol. It had to be the most bizarre experience I've ever had.
First, they gave me a Valium type pill to take an hour before I went to "relax" me. That's quite an understatement. Anytime I moved the room looked like it moving in slow motion. My relief society president took me to the surgery and stayed the whole time then took me home. When they prescribed the medication, it says you aren't allowed to drive after taking it. Before I took it, I thought that's silly. I can drive. But man I'm glad they didn't let me drive. I found myself telling my relief society president all sorts of weird things.
We got there and checked in. Not very long after, they called me back and took me to the "sterile" room. I call it that because they told my relief society president that she couldn't come back at all (even while I was coming out) because the room is sterile and they don't want people's germs in there. They had me sit down in the scary chair and a lady put 2 monitors on my chest, one on my side and the oxygen thing on my finger. The same nurse guy was there from the day before (he's from Detroit) so I ask if he was upset about the baseball game. He said something. Then the surgeon came in and started the IV. I remember asking him if he had gotten it on the first try. He said, "yep, that's end of your job." And then I remember nothing! How weird.
I have some vague memories of maybe getting in the car and going into my relief society president's house. She had me sit downstairs and gave me a mushed up banana to eat so I could take the pain medication. Then we went upstairs and I literally fell into the bed and was out.
I slept till 1:00 when she woke me up. When she woke me up, I was super disoriented. She had to tell me her name and mine. But I came out of it pretty fast. I ate some stuff and pumped milk (to throw away, how sad). Then a little while later, I had some soup and she gave me some more pain medication. This was not good. I got really nauseous and actually threw up all over her carpet. I felt so bad! As soon as that pain medication was gone, I started swelling and hurting a little. Once I got some ice on my cheek, I felt better. I took some Tylenol which helped too.
On the left side, the bottom tooth was impacted sideways. I think they really had to dig to get it out because it is super swollen and sore. The other 3 are fine. After a good night's sleep and some food, I'm feeling a lot better.
The hubby survived it test and of course he thinks he failed. But I doubt it. If he does though, he can take it again in the spring. He was pretty beat last night though. It didn't help that I couldn't help either. And the kids survived a full day without mom too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment