Today I was reflecting on how much of an impact the choices we, as parents, make have on our children. I mean every choice we make has some sort of impact on our children. Whether it's a good impact or a negative impact is up for judgment. But there are some obvious ones in my opinion.
I find that when I am busy and don't pay attention to my children as much as a should that the Babe gets into things he's not supposed to. Because I give him my consent without listening to him.
I was on the phone and he ask me if he could have a piece of candy. I said ya sure whatever you want (meaning leave me alone) and sure enough he did (both leave me alone and eat candy). This is teaching my son that mommy is too busy to pay attention to what he is saying and that if he asks me questions while on the phone he can get away with anything. I need to address this by telling him I am on the phone and to wait until I am finished to ask mommy questions.
The hubby reminded me that being a parent is one choice that you are never relieved of. You maybe able to get a divorce or even give your children up for adoption but you will still always be a biological mother to someone.
It really makes you think about taking the responsibility of parenting so lightly. Especially when you aren't even old enough to take care of yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment