Tuesday, December 05, 2006

3 Month Old Letter to the Little Lady

Today you are 3 months old and my how big you're getting. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital. You are so alert and busy all day. Compared to the other kids, you keep me the most busy and you aren't even moving around yet.

You've started to smile and laugh a lot more lately. Your laugh is so cute! You'll get into these moods where anything we do just makes you laugh and laugh. It's very cute! I love to listen to your little baby jabber. You mimic the influctions we use in our voice to "try to talk". It's fun.

You really like to stand up and it almost makes us wonder if you will walk without crawling. Your eyes get really big and bright when you stand with assistance.

Your hair is growing weird so it just sticks straight up in the back. It's too fine to do anything with and I've tried glueing it down to no avail. So sorry you have to deal with this at such a young age but that's part of being a girl.

You are very interested in the new baby. At times, I think you get a little jealous but you love to study that baby and see what he's doing. You also love to watch your older brother. Anything he does whether it's playing with his toys or talking to you, you'll sit and watch him for a long time.

You slept through the night for the first time just yesterday. It was scary for us. Dad even went in and checked on you to make sure you were still breathing. But experience has taught us that you will grow up and sleep for entire nights (thankfully). I don't want you to grow up. I just want you to stay small and cute. The world is so harsh and mean sometimes; I just want to protect you by keeping you small.

We are hoping that now that you are 3 months old the crying will start to subside. You cry so much and I just want to help you but there is nothing I have found to comfort you except to hold you all day. But we think we're starting to figure out your schedule and maybe that's helping a little.

We want you to know how much we care for you and love you. We constantly worry about you and wonder what to do to best help you learn and grow properly. We worry about everything from what clothes you wear (at this age even) to what to feed you to what color your poop is. We really are trying to be good parents and we hope you can understand that.

Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments: