We have officially joined the ranks of the Bad Parents Club.
My hubby has made us permanent members.
This morning, I went to get the Babe his cereal for breakfast (no I don't make bacon and eggs for him for breakfast) and he got really excited. Apparently, this weekend when I sent the hubby off to get groceries while I did some Christmas shopping, he found it appropriate to buy the Babe some of that nasty, sugar-coated, stain your clothes colored, overpriced cereal. You know the one that has some sugary, crunchy, berry, nasty name and of course a favorite cartoon character on it. What a way to start out the day? Who actually feeds their kids this? I'm sure my sister-in-law would throw a fit (if she were reading this)!
I guess we were borderline members when we admited that we take him to the playplace at a fast food chain and let him play there (and collect all those wonderful germs).
And yes, members of the bad parents club don't make/buy their children advent calendars either. It's a disgrace.
Update: The Babe was playing with his piggy bank this morning and he said, "Mom, I'm going to give these pennies to those who don't have any pennies." I thought that was very cute and I'm going to take him to Walmart to let him give his pennies to the bell ringer guy. So perhaps we'll hold off on going to Bad Parents Annonymous for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment