Tonight being Christmas Eve, I've been thinking about our traditions. We, like thousands of other people, read the Christmas story from the bible. We also like most people try to have pajamas to open and wear. We try to have a nice dinner whether it is with our immediate family or extended. We have a special Christmas candle that I like to light on Christmas Eve and again Christmas day. Most years, we have a family that we do that 12 days of Christmas to, so we deliver the last gift and reveal who we are. We often finish up wrapping presents, delivering goodies to the neighbors, and sometimes go look at Christmas lights. If a piano is available, we usually end up singing Christmas songs.
Tonight we are embarking on a new Christmas phase in our lives. Our oldest is now almost 3 and understands that Santa is coming. So we've been playing it up all month, telling him how if he isn't good then Santa won't bring him presents. Tonight, after the Babe goes to bed, I'm making the hubby take some sleigh bells out by his window and yell, "Ho, Ho, Ho." We'll also do the traditional plate of cookies for Santa and carrot for Rudolph.
I can hardly wait to see his sparkling eyes tomorrow morning when he sees that Santa has come. I'm so excited to watch him open his presents and force him to stop playing with one so he can open the others. I love the excitement that he has. I wish you could bottle that. He was in the store the other day when we saw a Santa who was "off duty" shopping. He got so excited he made us go back to see Santa. He even wanted to invite Santa to dinner tonight. I think this is a phase I'd like to stay in for a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment