Sunday, July 30, 2006

New Church Calling

Today at church, I was given a new calling. I am now the Visiting Teaching Coordinator. This means that I help take care of all the visiting teaching companionships in the ward and help with the reports on how many of the sisters were visited ect. I'm really excited about this! I have been a V.T. supervisor before but never served as the coordinator. I love serving the sisters in our ward and hope that through the V.T. program I can help them. I wasn't lucky enough to get released from being the organist so I still get to that. But it's not so bad playing the organ every 3rd month. It's kind of fun because Russ is the 2nd counselor in the elder's quorum which is in charge of Home Teaching and now I'm in charge of Visiting Teaching. I guess the Lord has us in the right places!

I got set apart today and in the blessing he mentioned a few things that I wanted to note. The first one I think is funny more than inspiring. He blessed me to be 'a more efficient and effective mother.' I think the word efficient is funny. But I need all the help I can get in being a good mother so I'll take it. The other thing I liked was that he blessed me that I would be able to be healthy through the rest of this pregnancy and that everything would go well with the birth of this baby. I was just reassured that everything is going to be fine and I needed that. Yesterday the bishop as me to summarize this story in the Ensign about a woman who delivered her baby really premature and had complications. I freaked out of course. When I read the article in the first place, I wondered why they include stories like that. But the bishop assured me that he didn't ask me because he felt prompted to because I was going to have problems. I guess I'm getting nervous about this delivery already (6 weeks left). The last thing he said in the blessing that I liked was he blessed me that through serving the sisters in the ward that my relationship with my husband would be strengthened. I think that is neat. I don't understand how it works but I have a testimony that it does. And anything that strengthens our marriage is something that I want to do.

No comments: