The lesson I taught last Sunday is successfully over which is great! I wasn't nervous at all! In my preparation, I read through my patriarchal blessing. In it, it says that was given the gift to teach by the spirit. I have never held a calling where I had to teach on a regular basis. Like I said before, I have only ever taught 1 relief society lesson before in my life. But on Sunday, I really felt like the spirit was there helping teach. It was neat! I actually ran out of time and didn't get to teach most of the stuff I had prepared. It was really cool to watch the sisters and help them learn.
One of the best parts happened when my visiting teachers came over this week. One of the ladies has a daughter that's like 20ish. She had just gotten released from a nursery calling on Sunday and came to relief society for the first time in a year or so. She hadn't been exposed to much of it before anyway being so young. Her mother told me how she came home from church and talked about the lesson and how it had helped her make some important decisions. It was sweet to here this mother talk about her daughter's experience and how happy she was with her decisions.
Our relief society only has 1 person called as a regular teacher and the rest of the time they just ask different people to teach. So it's not a calling, which is a relief! Overall, I'm glad it's over and it was a good one-time experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment