Tuesday, June 27, 2006

These are the Moments that Make it All Worth It!

I am finally feeling well enough to actually write again and today the Babe and I ventured out to the store! Last week, I wrote about the Babe's new chore schedule so he finished him week of getting paid to do chores so today we took his $10 to buy the books. He actually has responded to this charitable act quite well. The day he started I told him about how there are children who don't have any books to read and that he was going to earn money to buy books for them. He talked for days about the "kids who didn't have any books." Today I told what we were going to do and gave him his money. We went and he picked out a book that made lots of noise and was way too expensive. So I carefully exchanged it for 2 books that were more appropriate. The cute part at the store was when the lady told him how much they cost and he took $1 out of his pocket and thought that would cover it. He really has no concept of money yet. He thinks pennies are way way better than paper money.

But the real tearjerking moment came in the car on the way home. We were stopped at a stoplight and I was listening to his (what I thought were) random conversation with himself that is constant from the time he wakes up till the time he goes to sleep. But he was helping Buzz say a prayer.

He said, "Heavenly Father.
Thankful for Jesus.
Thankful for the kids who don't have books.
In Jesus Christ. Amen."

It was so cute I almost started crying! You hardly realize that they are learning when we teach them things. It made everything that I do all day worth it.

No comments: