 Header courtesy of TNChick |
Thirteen failed methods for trying to get your toddler to eat dinner: 1. Showing him how to eat it and telling him how good it is. 2. Hiding veggies in other appealing food. 3. Bribing him with root beer. 4. Bribing him with pennies or anything else for that matter. 5. Sneaking it into his mouth when he isn't looking. 6. Putting him on the naughty chair. 7. Reducing the amount he has to eat. Making baby bites and baby baby bites. 8. Making weird airplane noises. 9. Leaving him in his chair for extended amounts of time. 10. Telling him all his friends do it. 11. Reminding him of starving children in Africa. 12. Shoving it down his throat. 13. Telling him that if he doesn't eat it then he'll eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner the next day.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!) |
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
14 comments:
I needed this list last night!LOL
My son is such a picky eater. The one I've used, if he doesn't eat I'd tell him I would call his teacher...How do you do #5?! Great List. Happy Thursday!
LOL. And NEVER just give him a spoon and a dish of yogurt.
Thanks for visiting my TT.
Cute list! Toddlers are definitely picky eaters I think. My niece eats great one day and then will eat hardly anything the next!
Thanks for stopping by my list! I have another one up here!
Oh and happy birthday a little early!
I've got three ages 14, 12 1/2 and 8, and they are still picky eaters.......basically they will eat when they are hungry....of course never what we'd like the to eat;-) Best wishes in your adventures in feeding! Thanks for stopping by.
#9 and #13 (especially 13) have worked perfectly for my kids. They are 8 and almost 10 now and they eat ALL kinds of food without complaining...and most important?? junk food is not on the top of their lists. I guess it depends on the kid and the parent :)
Those are great! I also have a picky eater, and I have learned to just set it down and not talk to him about eating more and more. My doctor told me a ton of advice, but it all boils down to-they eat when they want and just keep trying to give him stuff.
ahh...the joys of parenting! :) Go girl!
My TT is up!
the "airplane" used to work for me, says my dad. :)
the "airplane" used to work for me, says my dad. :)
My son never ate veggies until one day I made this soup my family loves (all veggie). While my daughter and I sat and ate it, I kept just giving him spoonfuls. He never batted an eye. My daughter and I kept looking at one another and motioning toward him. She said, "Don't say anything." He ate five spoonfuls! Now that he's four, he eats pretty much whatever we give him.
yup, done all of those. One lesson that I have learned is that they will not starve and will eat when they are hungry...and chereeos are good with most every meal
Hang in there...they DO eat eventually. Is there anything that he does like?
My TT is up here.
Airplane noises used to work for me lol. Thank you for visiting my T13
Think yourself lucky you don't have a child like this (yet) lol!!!
I cannot get my Todder (my youngest) to eat anything green...we go through the same thing almost every night (expcet when we are not having something green:-) and she NEVER gets dessert...I don't remember all this troulbe with my other two...your list made me laugh. I have done a lot of these..:-)
Post a Comment