
Our book club picked this book to read this month and at first I was a little upset about the decision. The woman who picked it said that you can't find it at the library, you practically just have to order it online at her website. I'm thinking great another book I can't get a copy of to read in time for this month's meeting. But I ask the lady who picked it and she let me borrow her copy (I was surprised she still had it). Anyway, it is an excellent book! I couldn't put it down.
As a teenager growing up in sheltered Utah, I thought that the category of romance meant books about people falling in love and at the end they at long last kiss or something. So when I picked up a romance novel in high school, my friends looked at me like 'you're actually going to read that?' It only took me 2 chapters before I threw it away. But this book is in my terms a clean romance novel! There is kissing but no sex and although it pushes the line a little, it never crosses. After I read it, I gave it to one of my best friends who doesn't read. She said I'll read the 1st chapter and she couldn't put it down either.
I actually was intrigued by her writing style enough that I ask the lady who picked the book if she had anything else written by this author and she gave me 2 more books that she wrote. So I read 1 of those and her style is very similar in that one too. It's nice that someone can actually write clean romance. I'll post about the meeting on Tuesday and tell you what others thought of the book as well (perhaps I'm the only one who got a hold of a copy of it).
P.S. Ok I'll give you that the picture is blurry. The book is Shackles of Honor by Marcia Lynn McClure.

3 comments:
well tell us the name of the book and the author
Terrific review.
Marcia Lynn McClure is fantastic. She's one of those rare authors who can actually make you feel what the characters are feeling. You can visit her site at http://www.MarciaLynnMcClure.com. She's also part of the Clean Romance Club and offers clean romance ebooks through there - http://www.CleanRomanceClub.com
Post a Comment