Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New Lasagna Recipe

2 packages Lasagna Noodles
1/2 lb ground beef
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 jars of Prego spaghetti sauce
1 tsp Italian seasoning
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach (cooked according to microwave directions)
2 cups mozarella cheese
2 cups sour cream
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan

Cook noodles, drain & set aside. Cook beef, garlic, salt & pepper. Drain. Stir in sauce and Italian seasoning. Cook spinach according to microwave directions, drain if there is a lot of liquid. Add to bowl of spinach: mozarella cheese, sour cream, 2 eggs. Fold into noodles. This recipe will make 2 8x8 pans or 2 9x13 pans if you only want a thin casserole. Put some noodles in the bottom of a greased baking pan. Put some of the meat/sauce mixture on top and sprinkle some parmesan cheese. Repeat (noodles, sauce, parmesan cheese).
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.

It was a lot of work as all homemade lasagna is but I like the spinach in it! It's kinda fun! Surprisingly, the Babe actually ate it! Well he ate the noodles but took the meat, cheese and spinach off. I also love making recipes that I can make once and put 1 in the freezer for a time when I don't want to cook. My mother-in-law (who is a wonderful cook) swears by Stoffer's lasagna and I think I agree it's a lot easier to buy it but occasionally it's fun to make!

No comments: