We've made some progress with the new eating schedule. But today it was so funny! I can't stop laughing! Lately, the Babe has been taking the 1 bite of food into his mouth and gagging on it before he even chews it up. So at first, we thought perhaps he doesn't like the taste and would let him spit it out. But he learned that he got to spit it out if he gags. So now the rule has changed so he has to actually swallow his 1 bite.
Today we were having corndogs for lunch. I've never gotten him to eat a hot dog before. I think that he had 1 once with grandma and he got sick afterward so perhaps he associates the hot dogs with the sickness? He was pretty young so I can't believe he actually remembers that. Anyway he ate all the cornbread off and then all he had left was a little bite of hot dog. He finally put it in his mouth and just let it sit there. Personally, I think that letting food sit in your mouth is worse than just swallowing it. Of course, I know that hot dogs are the #1 choking food item so I wouldn't let him get down till he chewed it up and swallowed. He just sat there. It was quite hilarious! Occasionally, he would try gagging to see if I'd let him spit it out. Finally he bit it and then opened his mouth to show us that he'd bit it and it fell out. Gross!! The hubby finally got him to eat it.
What is wrong with this kid? All kids love hot dogs and corndogs! I'm pretty sure he likes everything we make him eat but he's just so stubborn that he won't eat more than the 1 bite that I force him to eat. Any suggestions on how to get him to eat an entire sandwich? I still have to feed him something else because he's missed lunch so many times because he'd only eat 1 small bite of whatever we were having. I'm not giving up. That's for sure. I guess I could just use the 'you'll eat enough of what we're having or you'll starve approach' but that's a bit harsh isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment