Sunday, June 11, 2006
Teaching Opportunity
Today at church, I was asked to teach a lesson in Relief Society next month. This is extremely scary because I've done anything like it before. I have taught 1 relief society lesson in my life. I had just graduated from high school and it was an interesting experience. This is worse because I now know what I'm up against and the ward I'm in is so different from that tiny college summer branch. So anyway the lesson material is a talk by Russell M. Nielson called "Nurturing Marriage." I can already imagine these ladies looking at my 4 years of marriage and small 23 years of life experience as not qualifying me to teach on this subject. I understand that that sounds silly but of course I'm worried about being qualified for teaching on this subject. Because I know that if I got up to teach on dieting that everyone in the room would say, "Pffft. You've never dieted a moment in your life, I'm not going to listen to her." A lot of times people will say you're still a newlywed. So I've decided that I am going to ask 3 of the more experienced women in the ward to share their experiences about whatever which will do 2 things: a. take the attention away from my lack of experience and b. allow the pregnant teacher to sit down for a few minutes. I guess that is vain but any other suggestions on this subject would be helpful! Some of you guys have been married for a few years and could have some good advise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment