Today is voting day. We're not voting for anything exciting but we're voting. The hubby and I usually vote opposite of each other and cancel each other out too. But we're voting. I have a huge pet peeve with people who don't vote then complain about the leaders. If I vote, then I get complaining rights. Yes I think Pres. Bush is a bozo because no I did not vote for him. Since this year the President is not up for election, we are stuck with him another year.
The only things we get to vote for are like city council and local stuff. There is only 1 real thing I am interested to see what happens to locally. They put a referendum on our ballot. For those of you who aren't from Utah, I'll explain. They want to pass a bill or whatever for school vouchers so children can go to private school and we as tax payers can help their parents by giving them a voucher for X amount for their private school tuition. I hope that made sense.
A couple of days ago I was fairly set upon which way I was going to vote even to the point of not understanding why anyone would vote the other way. I don't think I knew anyone who was voting the other way. Then I talked with my dad, uncle and aunt on a conference call. Most of them said they were voting the opposite way! I was shocked! What is wrong with them? Then it dawned on me. I had no idea what the people on the opposite side were even saying. I was so stuck in my mindset that I hadn't even taken time to look at it from both sides.
So that's my voting advice today. Really look at things from both perspectives. Even if you're sure the way you are voting is correct. After thinking about this referendum from the other side, it didn't change the way I'm going to vote. I still have the same strong opinions as I did before. Now I am much more open minded about how other people are going to vote and how they feel.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment