Monday, November 19, 2007

Business Adventure

Today I bought fabric at the day after Thanksgiving price. The nice people let me do it early so to help with the stress of that day. I wanted to buy fabric for the whole year because it is just a great price ($1 a yard compared to $6 regularly and $3 with a coupon). So I had to stay within the budge of $300-$500 and I did really well! I bought only stuff I thought was really cute and tons of backs (for the back of the blanket). I bought 43 bolts of fabric with 8 yards on each which makes 344 yards. It was really fun! Have you ever bought and entire bolt of fabric? It's weird. No cutting. They just give it to you with the cardboard and all. Here's a picture of it all lined up in my house.
IMG_3566

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also braved "Black Friday" at JoAnn's and had a great time. An hour standing in line to get fabric cut (although I did get a few complete bolts) and another hour in line to check out, but it was worth it. I only bought 114 yards, though, and had to travel 140 miles to the nearest JoAnn's, but was well worth it.

Deanna in AZ

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of fabric! That was very cool that they gave you the day after thanksgiving discount early. How did you manage to do that?