First time:
a. I cooked a Turkey
b. I had 17 people in my house
c. I had 12 of those stay the night
d. Buying 45 bolts of fabric
e. I got everything I wanted (with 1 rain check) the day after Thanksgiving
f. I froze to death on Thanksgiving (well the first time I can remember.....I miss Las Vegas!)

Here's my table setting. I picked leaves from the neighbors apple tree and dried them. Then wrapped the silverware in the napkin and tied the leaf on with raffia. A lot of work? Not as bad as you think. Worth it? Yes.

Here's all the grandkids. Mine are the crazy haired girl in the back (the Little Lady) and the front row dear caught in the headlights blue shirt boy (the Babe). You wanna try getting 7 kids to sit still for .5 seconds and smile? Good luck. This was the best of a series of pictures. At least most of them are looking at the camera...right?
Overall, I had a really good time and I'd have them all over again. It was a lot of fun! But someone brought a cold and my dad left feeling sick. I now have a sore throat too. Yucky. Today.....the Christmas Tree went up!!!!!
Overall, I had a really good time and I'd have them all over again. It was a lot of fun! But someone brought a cold and my dad left feeling sick. I now have a sore throat too. Yucky. Today.....the Christmas Tree went up!!!!!

3 comments:
I had a cold going into Thanksgiving, so I washed my hands constantly while I was cooking. I really didn't want to send anyone away with germs! Hope you're feeling better soon.
It sounds like you did have a lot of firsts this year!
I hosted for the first time this year, and even did my first pumpkin pie!
Overall I loved the experience and I will volunteer to do it again.
Sanyo massage chairs
Looks like fun! Are Jeremy and Jill's in the front by the Babe? We did Thanksgiving with just the 2 of us since I was scheduled to work.
Post a Comment