So you're driving down a busy road (down a hill) and all of the sudden you notice your car is not running. And it won't start. What do you do? Tonight, the hubby's car broke down on his way home from work. He pulled over to one side then coasted off to a side road when there was a break in traffic. He called me and said to come get him. We got the car safely to the hubby's office and met some interesting people in the process.
For some reason, I have this problem with reacting the wrong way to semi-emergencies. When I was in high school, I was rear-ended on my way to school. Instead of doing what normal people would do and stop, I took off. I'm not sure why except that maybe I got scared. Once when I was 8 months pregnant, my car broke down in the middle of the road. I got scared again and walked home. I didn't know what else to do. When I go to get my children out of bed in the morning and they have had a bloody nose during the night, I freak out. I don't know what to do so I leave them until the hubby can take care of them. I'm sure someone would tell me this all has to do with my childhood or something crazy. But for some reason, I freak out in those little semi-emergency situations. I'd hate to see myself in a real emergency.
Anyway we are down 1 car again. And perhaps we will let it rest in peace. We'll see what the diagnosis is later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment