Thursday, August 17, 2006



Thirteen Things I'm excited about the new baby that's coming:

1. Pink! Pink everything!
2. Non-stinky diapers, well at least for a while.
3. Dresses, bows, lace and other frillies.
4. Cuddling. Newborns will you let you hold them and kiss them and cuddle them forever!
5. The way newborns naturally hold your finger.
6. Tiny feet and fingers.
7. Doing her hair. Although, I have mixed feelings about this. I don't do my son's hair so what if I forget.
8. Painting her fingernails and toenails.
9. That new baby smell.
10. How newborns just kick their legs all the time.
11. Bundling her up at night.
12. The moment the doctor says that she is healthy and that she has all her fingers and toes.
13. Watching her grow and learn. Nobody ever told me that this is the best part of being a parent. Sure my 2 1/2 year old is still growing and learning every day but those baby milestones are fun (e.g. crawling, walking, talking ect.)


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Norma
2. Carmen
3. Kimba
4. Courtney
5. Susan
6. Pixie Princess Mom
7. Titanium
8. The Momma

8 comments:

Norma said...

Lots of wonderful times to look forward to. Thanks for the memories.

And thanks for visiting.

Carmen said...

my friends think I'm weird, but I love to smell baby heads. :) They smell like baby shampoo, and they're so soft! :) (but only friends' babies, I don't walk up to strangers and smell their babies' heads. Now you'll think I'm weird. ha.)

Kimba said...

Your list has made me excited as well (I'm 12 weeks pregnant)!!
I'm sooo happy for you!!

Stop by my list!

Courtney said...

I like the new baby smell too. I really like having 2 boys though, because I *don't* have to worry about their hair or clothes too much. lol

Susan said...

Awwww....As a Mom of four boys...I can tell you I was glad to see pink with my nieces. I love to feel that little hand wrap around my finger....it's the sweetest most innocent feeling.

Great list. My TT is up.

Pixie said...

I love the way a baby smell & there is nothing sweeter than those little toes! Praying when D-Day arrives it is quick; as pain free as possible & that all is well with you & baby.

Thanks for stopping by my TT. Hope you are having a terrific Thursday! :-)

Natalie said...

I loved when my kids were so small.. it's such a neat time. :)

Mary Jo said...

I remember I loved every stage of my daughter when she was newborn. I can't wait for Zoe to arrive as well. And don't worry - you'll remember how to do hair and all that jazz!

Thanks for stopping by yesterday!