Monday, August 14, 2006
New Adventure
We are excited to announce that we have decided to become licensed to be foster parents. We realize that the timing is terrible and that we already have children why would we want more. But there have been numerous articles in the newspaper about how they have a desperate need for foster parents and so we decided to get trained and see what happens. There is a program called Shelter Care where you take infants into your home on an emergency need for a very short time. We'll most likely start out by doing this because of our situation with the baby coming and all. The training is intense and requires a lot of paperwork, weird FBI checks and even a home inspection. So we're finishing up the last training course and getting our paperwork together. So a bunch of you who read this regularly maybe getting a phone call asking if you would be one of our 7 references that they check. I'm not yet sure how confidential I have to be so I don't even know if I can post about my experiences on here. I guess we both think that we had a pretty good life growing up and these children who are taken from their families because of circumstance need a good home to come to for a time while their parents get their lives back together. It should definitely be an interesting experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment