Today I went to some garage sales for the first time by myself! Of course, as a child, I was beaten, gagged and shamefully drug to garage sale after garage sale as a child but as an adult I have never been brave enough to actually go (or have I ever woke up early enough on a Saturday). After hearing a few friends say that they had gotten their baby swing or baby bouncer at a garage sale, I knew that I could not pay $100 for a swing at the store that I could buy for $25 at a garage sale. So I braved the heat this morning and went by myself! The hubby doesn't do that sort of thing and taking the Babe would have been more stress than it was worth. Being so pregnant, I of course got lots of puzzled looks and sympathy prices so I won't complain. So I ended up spending $10 and got a bouncer/rocker thing, some very nice clothes (baby clothes are usually the one thing I would steer clear of at a yard sale but these 3 outfits didn't even look used), 2 toddler camping chairs, and a toy wheelbarrow for the Babe (who can come home from garage sales without at least one useless toy that you don't need?). I actually did go back to one with the hubby too. We found the blessed swing as I said for $25 and it looks brand new. So momma you taught me well. I was all about haggling just like you used to. And no I didn't stop at any scary places or feel threatened in anyway. So I am thrilled to say that if this baby wants to come soon (trust me she wants to, right?) I have all of the bigger things (e.g. crib, swing ect).
P.S. There is a new poll that I really want everyone's opinion on so check is out over there on the side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment