
I am finishing up reading the book Robinson Crusoe for the first time ever. I think it's an interesting read. The back kind of helped me with my post and my expectations of the book. It says something like, "We've all had thoughts of living on an exotic island and how we would deal with it." Here's a book that describes some guy's ideas about what he would do, I'm guessing (because it's fiction).
While reading, I have found a few things about my ideas of living on an exotic island. 1st, and most importantly, I could not do it without the hubby. As a woman, I think I would die because I don't have the physical strength that men natural have. The fact that this man is completely alone would also I think drive me crazy to the point where one day I'd just lay down and die.
By nature, I think I am very much like the character in the book though. He sees a need or want (which his wants I consider needs) and sets his mind to fulfilling it. I am very much the same way in my life. If I want to learn how to sew, I go to the library and check out a book on sewing or google it until I can figure it out. And with time he gets better at all the things that he accomplishes. I am the same way. Over the years I have been sewing, I have become more confident and a lot of comfortable making things.
I am not finished yet and am sure to be disappointed with the ending. But being 100 pages from the end, I can already say it has been a good days read and has been a good thought provoking read. Of course, I have seen the many movies that are spin offs of this novel (e.g. Swiss Family Robinson or Cast Away) but am/have thoroughly enjoyed this version.

No comments:
Post a Comment