Sorry it's been so long, nothing exciting has happened. Just an update, the wisdom teeth are going to have to wait till this baby comes. They won't knock me out to do them while I'm pregnant. They just want to use the local anesthesia but they aren't hurting anymore so let's just hope this baby hurries up.
Today's post was inspired by my auntie who commented a while ago saying, "us Mormons sure do like to wear a lot of layers." Being pregnant and it being 100+ outside, I have reflected on this statement quite a few times. It's no wonder I am always hot at church. Today I counted and I had 6 layers on the top half of my body. SIX! And that is a normal Sunday. I have come up with 3 reasons to explain this why we wear so many layers. #1 the pioneers were really cold at times and when they finally reached the Salt Lake Valley they had warm clothing. So they put on every piece of clothing they could find showing gratitude which has been passed down from generation to generation to us (which also helps me understand why I have a cedar chest and 2 additional closets full of quilts), #2 maybe it's a form of birth control, after my husband has finally gotten all six of my layers off he'll be too exhausted to possibly want more children, #3 I think it could be a form of weight loss, we all want to lose those extra 5 pounds so we put on the layers thereby making our bodies sweat the weight off.
No, I realize that there is desperate need for more modesty in our world today and in order to cover up the parts of my body that the clothing manufacturers haven't figured out need to be covered up, I wear more layers. But isn't there a point when it becomes excessive? I was recently invited to a party for a clothing brand that sells layers that you wear under you clothing to make it more modest. I fully support modesty but adding more layers? Why not just buy clothing that covers you in the first place? I will admit that one of my layers today was a tank top that had a high neckline to fix the plunging neckline of my dress. I guess it's a never-ending battle of layers vs. modesty. But it's sad that our society doesn't even offer clothing that isn't too short, too tight, or too skimpy. Especially since, we pride ourselves in knowing we can purchase whatever we want, whenever we want it through the Internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
okay...........h
Post a Comment