Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Poop Eating Child

Today my mommish stomach of steel gag reflex met its challenge. I was enjoying my morning with one kid gone with grandma and only the baby to look after. So I thought I'd do some very normal pre-2 children things shower, read some blogs, check email and generally just relax.

As a forward to this story, we got 2 little kittens last week. They are tiny tiny. They weren't litter box trained and still want milk hence them licking up my daughter's constant spit up. They are generally quite disgusting. The Babe wants to name them Booki Baaki and Petunia. But we are still taking suggestions for names. The hubby and the Babe love them. I'm thinking more realistically especially after this story.

So the Little Lady is crawling around spitting up followed by my 2 nasty clean up crew cats. She was getting into anything she wasn't supposed to. I had cleaned up 300 spit up spots on the carpet, pulled 3 objects from her mouth that weren't supposed to go there and pried her death grip off one of the kittens for the uptenth time. Things were going normal. Then I noticed she was being very very quite, which any mom knows means trouble. I look over at her and one of the cats had pooped ON MY CARPET and she was EATING it! Well that's a bit dramatic. I never actually saw her put any of it in her mouth because I then would have surely ralphed on the spot. But she had it all over her hands and clothes and knowing my daughter she puts everything in her mouth. *insert throwing up a little in my mouth*

Let's not lose our calm here. There are worse things a child could do....cut her arm off?! After getting the Little Poop Eating Lady (maybe I'll change her name to that) cleaned up, I called the hubby to declare to him that cats have to go. They've had a short life with us but a good one.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I love my pets (rabbits), but in your situation I'd say "Bye-bye" to the furry little darlings, too. When your Little Poop Eating Lady grows out of the crawling/eating everything stage, who knows? Maybe it will be time to try again.

Anonymous said...

Noooooooooo! Thats just to gross even for my mom stomach!