Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter (not a spoiler no worries)

No, I'm not finished with the book. I'm only a couple hundred pages into it. I had company today. But I wanted to write about my going to buy the book at midnight yesterday.

I went with one of the hubby's friends for book 6's release at midnight. We went to Wal-Mart in Vegas that I thought surely would have tons of people. But there weren't that many. So we were out in 15 minutes no prob.

Here I went to the Wal-Mart near our house and it was nothing short of insanity. When I got there at 11:45 there were people lines up out the door on both entrances. They handed out colored wristbands to go in order by color. I luckily, got a colored wristband that was first in order. So the lady told me I could go up to a short line. Then I got doubly lucky when they opened another checkout line in my line. The annoying part was when I got finished buying it. They had 15 employees standing by the books just handing the 5 checkers stacks of books when they ran out. 15....Wouldn't it have been more efficient to have 10 of those standing around employees ringing people up? They also had 3 policemen guarding the books. I can understand that. So I was out in 30 minutes by my sheer stroke of luck.

On my way out the line was probably 100 feet out the door when I first got there it was only barely out the door. Crazy! I really only went because we had friends over late and I was awake so I thought I'd "run" get it. Well at least I wasn't there till 2 am like I thought I was going to be when I got in line.

No comments: