Thursday, July 19, 2007

Booki Baaki Returns

First of all, I did take a much needed break from blogging but hopefully I'm back for good. You know with all the stress of buying a house everything kind of got to me.

But today, I just couldn't help it. It's the most bizarre story about our cat. A few weeks ago, we got 2 little 5-week-old kittens. The Babe lovingly named them Booki Baaki (boy) and Petunia (girl). They were fun for the Babe to play with but he was slowly learning what was appropriate and what wasn't (e.g. throwing cat in pool= not acceptable, throwing cat up or down slide= not acceptable).

Last weekend, Booki Baaki came up missing. I didn't realize how attached I was until he was gone. So we went looking for him but decided surely someone found him and thought he was a stray because he was so small. Well this week, Petunia has been driving me crazy! So I thought we'd just get another cat to play with Petunia. I looked and couldn't find one. Every time I called about one, they would have been taken like 10 minutes before I called.

Well last night, a traveling salesman came to my door to sell me some carpet cleaning stuff. He said, "Oh that's a nice cat, he looks just like mine. *long pause* Did you happen to lose a cat recently?" I said of course and we identified that the cat was ours. He told me that the kitten had wandered a street over and was meowing at his carpet cleaning truck during the day. He thought it was pretty hot out and didn't know what to do with the kitten so he took it home. His wife was immediately smitten and they lovingly named him London. Well after he explained this, he called his wife to break her the news. She was upset and hung up on him. Then she called back and said they would not be returning the cat. The man left assuring me that he would bring our cat back that evening.

I really thought I'd never see him again. But a few hours later he came back with the kitten. I guess his wife was very heartbroken but that wasn't my fault. They are the ones who stole my kitten and got attached to it. Petunia was so happy to see her brother. They've been fighting ever since.

No comments: