We have taken a new potty training approach and.........it's working!!!!!!!! The Babe has been dry almost 24 hours (minus the night lol). He has succesfully gone potty 5 times in a row! Ok I know you're all as super excited as I am! Wanna know our new approach (because we've used all the others)?
We've often said this is it, we're going to do it! We'd put him in underwear and then after an accident or 2, we'd have right back in diapers. So I decided that it sent him the message that if I just pee on the floor a couple of times I won't have to deal with this anymore, they'll put me back in diapers. On Saturday, we figured this out and after he'd peed on the floor a couple of times he went and got me the diaper. I said, NO WAY! You're not getting a diaper anymore except at night time now. Sure enough, it's working.....so far. Wouldn't it be nice to go from 3 in diapers to 1 in diapers all in one week? I'm update again in a day or so.
Anyway the quilt top. I finally finished the Little Foster Man's quilt top. Just in time because he leaves tomorrow morning. How sad huh? Here's the finished product.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I'm not sure how old your child is, but I made my older son help me clean up the accidents. I had heard this advice from a friend. I explained to him that accidents were okay and nothing to feel bad about, but just like any other accident we are responsible for cleaning up after ourselves. He was in charge of cleaning the accident with my help of course ( I later went back and used real cleaners instead of just soap and water)and putting the soap, and his soiled clothes in the washing machine (I turned it on) and helping me put any clothes that had been in the washer in the dryer. After doing this three times, it was no longer a problem.
Post a Comment