Friday, February 02, 2007

Babysitting or Playing with Friends?

The Babe lately has been asking if he can have his friend Jake come over and play. I say sure then I dread the time when he comes over because they cause so much trouble together. My question is, when does it stop feeling like babysitting and become having a friend over to play? Or does it ever?

We often "swap" babysitting with other families so the parents can go out or during the day so their mom can go to the doctor. This is usually fairly stressful because when you add 2 extra kids to my own 3, it gets crazy in our 1400 square foot house.

I always went to my best friend's house to play as a child and never felt like her mother was "babysitting" us. Maybe I'm ahead of the game because he is only 3.

At what-ish age does it change so that I don't have to keep such close tabs on them to the point of feeling like I'm babysitting?

No comments: