Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentines Day

In honor of this lovely holiday, I thought I would write a sappy post about the hubby and I. So anyone who isn't into sappy can click the X now.

When the hubby and I were dating, we basically spent a lot of time becoming friends. The hub had just returned from a mission and I, well the best way to put it, was 19. One of my best friends and his best friend hooked up so we were "forced" to spend time together. Ya right. That was what it was. But our couple friends were a very fast moving couple (read: they kissed on the first or 2nd date). We of course weren't. So instead we just "hung out" a lot and "studied" a lot in the library.

Anyway to get on with it. There was a point when we'd been dating for 3 months (I think) and the hub hadn't kissed me yet. Yes, I know 3 months doesn't seem like a long time but in a non-kissing relationship it was. I decided that this was not going to do. Meanwhile, the couple friends were on rocky roads also. The guy from our couple friends and I decided that we were both going to dump our partners on a certain date. The night that we had set was a big dance at the college.

It was the beginning of December and during the dance it started to snow for one of the first times that winter. We went outside to play in the snow. We ended up going out there a few times that evening because we'd get cold and have to go back inside to warm up. One time we went out, we were trying to catch snowflakes with out tounges and I still remember the snow. It was falling at an almost magical speed. The flakes were even huge almost magically as well. The hubby asked me if he could kiss me. How gentlemanlike?! I knew it was coming (hence magic snowflakes) and I was really worried about some evesdropers standing close by. When I finally said yes, he gave me a quick peck and followed it up with, "Was that it?" He then said he had to try it again. In my journal, I wrote, "Everyone's not a perfect kisser the first time like me! Just kidding. It was like a storybook first kiss!"
Kendra and Jeremy at Snowball

P.S. This is the picture of us at the dance. Gosh we look young! 3 out of 5 of these couples got married and if you mix and match you get 1 other couple who married from this group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you posted that picture. Blah!! Did you really decide to "dump your partners" on the same date? What a crazy story. I'm glad the night turned out to be "magical" for the two of you. I don't think it was too long after that that you two got engaged.