Monday, March 19, 2007

The Babe starts Preschool

Today the Babe started preschool. I promised him that when he was potty trained he could "go to school." We have an elementary school behind our house and he sees the kids playing on the playground a lot and wants to go to school. So I told him I'd put him in preschool when he was potty trained. Well he's been potty trained for a while now but we're moving soon. So I thought I'd just wait until after the move and things settled down a bit. But he's been asking me every time he's goes potty, "Mom? Can I go to school now?" (Like right now) So I found a preschool and signed him up for 6 weeks worth of classes until the move. I thought this would be great for me to get some time to pack and play with the Little Lady as well as good for him to get some exposure to school for a short time.

I went and signed him up and left him for his first day of preschool. How sad! I'm sad. My little boy is growing up. I don't want him to go to school. He's too little. But sure enough kids grow up. Faster than we'd like to imagine.

I broke all the rules. I sent him in sandals without socks, I brought him in the wrong door and I stayed with him a few minutes to make sure he was ok. I'm sure they'll overlook this for me. I'm still sad though. I don't know what to do with my time except worry about him.

Something else changed today too. I couldn't live with the concept of sending my kid off to school without having morning prayer. Because my husband leaves so early in the morning for work, we're never awake to have prayer. So this morning we called the hubby at work to have morning prayer. It was very cute.

I'll write after he gets home to tell how he did and if I survived. Only 1 hour left. In the meantime, here's his first day of school pictures. Terrible pictures...we were late! On the first day!

crop1stday
IMG_1217

No comments: