Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Pediatric Triathlon

I am still recovering from yesterday and I think I've settled enough to actually write about it. For some insane reason, I decided to take all 3 of my children to the doctor with back to back appointments. I thought, "We'll just get it out of the way and sure it will be stressful for the hubby and I but oh well."

No, the hubby decided to start teaching yesterday morning so not only could he not go with me, he took our 1 car as well. So the smart thing to do would have been simply cancel the appointment. No, I'm still not thinking clearly.

I decided to go by myself with 3 children under the age of 3 and I had to borrow my good friend's car to do it. She offered to let me borrow her double stroller also!

On the way, I see the horrible accident where a car was actually upside-down sitting on it's roof and I'm driving someone else's car.

We get there and their parking lot is under construction so me being not so smart parks in the parking garage with no elevator. How am I going to get my double stroller down a flight of stairs? I ended up just carrying both car seats and letting the Babe walk. We make into the doctors office and sign in. The lady at the reception desk hands me a clipboard with 3 enormous stacks of papers to fill out saying, "With the new year, we need you to update your records." Couldn't they just have said has anything changed? No. Ok then you don't need to fill out paperwork.

We make it into the room and the doctor comes in. He tells me everything is fine with the Little Foster Man but my daughter is the one who's messed up. Apparently, it isn't normal for her to spit up 5 times after every feeding. Spitting up 5 times a day is normal. He gave her some medicine for GERD and so we'll see if that helps the spitting up (not that I was really worried about it). With 3 rounds of shots, we were out of there in a record of 2 hours start to finish!

We survived and I am only a little stressed a day later.

P.S. I wrote this post on whatever date it says, I was just too stressed to actually look and see that I had saved it as a draft instead of actually posting it.

No comments: