Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What did I get myself into?

Today I had a scary realization. The reality of having 2 kids finally is hitting me. You know the old saying that now we're on a man-to-man defense. It's true! (I can't imagine what zone defense is like.) In the car on the way home from Utah, I noticed that I was going constantly. If one was asleep, the other was awake wanting my attention. Sometimes they were both crying at the same time needing attention. Up until this point, I've had enough help that I could manage their needs within reason. But in the car, the hubby was driving so he couldn't help much and they both needed me. Even when the hubby is home and able to help, I feel like I'm constantly going. They are both in diapers, so as soon as you get one changed the other poops. I'm still nursing (shocking yes) and that feels like a full time job. I relished the few moments today when the hubby was home playing with the Babe and the Little Lady was sleeping so I could sit on the couch and do nothing! I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, just facing reality. We are never having any more kids. lol.

No comments: