Thursday, September 14, 2006



Thirteen Things I'd forgotten about Babies (and I love!)

1. The way they smell! I wish they could bottle that newborn smell.
2. How much they sleep. I know this will change and I should be grateful for this time. But I forgot.
3. How loud their cry is. The Babe's cry is not nearly as loud as hers is. It's a newborn thing.
4. They way they grunt and grunt to get even a little poopy out.
5. How camera really don't do them justice. She is very much cuter in real life.
6. How mad they get (and red faced) at the silliest things.
7. How much you want to hold them all day even when they aren't doing anything.
8. How sweet they are. How can anyone deny there is a God after holding a newborn?
9. How much laundry you do. I've done at least a load every day.
10. How all their stuff (e.g. car seats, swings, bouncers ect.) clutters your house.
11. How often they eat (and how little you sleep).
12. How tiny they are. Have you tried cutting newborn fingernails? The hubby made her bleed the first day.
13. How much you love them. This didn't happen immediately with the Babe but has with the Little Lady. There's just an instant unconditional love there.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww, I was just thinking last night how long it's been since I held a baby, and now you make me want to hold one even more! Thank you for sharing the lovely list. Happy TT!

Norma said...

Right on the cute lil' nose for all of these.

Thanks for stopping by.

Meggie Mom Fantastic said...

AWWWW :) I'm having one in a few weeks and you just made me all the more excited!! Happy TT!

Virginia Revoir said...

I can relate with this! I had 4 kids within 5 years and I can relate to all that! I made my baby bleed the first time too cutting his nails. I felt so bad.

Susan said...

You're right. Those are sweet things that you should savor.

Thanks for stoping by today.

:-)