It's crazy that the Little Lady is now 3 weeks old! It seems like yesterday she was born but at the same time it seems like she's been here forever (and I haven't slept forever). She is starting to be awake more which is fun but also challenging. She loves to be held. She'll sleep in your arms but the moment you set her down she starts wailing. The Babe never did that. He slept better after you put him down. She'll let you hold her all day and actually would prefer it. Yesterday while cooking dinner, she would not let me put her down. So I faced the reality that she's just going to have to cry herself to sleep sometimes. There really wasn't anything wrong with her and it only took her like 2 minutes to go to sleep. So the hubby wanted to try it last night but it didn't work. I still think she's too little to cry herself to sleep at night.
The Babe is doing extremely well! He gets concerned about his baby sister but still doesn't want much to do with her. He won't hold her. He loves her binkie (he'll suck on it and sometimes he'll put it in her mouth). When she's crying and I can't get to her, he'll ask her what's wrong. He's not at all negative just more apathetic. I thought that it was an 'if-I-ignore-her-she'll-go-away' approach but he doesn't seems to want her to go away just maybe that her smallness intimidates him. He is growing up though. We have successfully gotten him to eat bacon on a number of occasions! This is exciting news because he doesn't eat meat usually. On one occasion, he ate a piece of bread. But never since then.
I am starting to get a schedule again. No, my house isn't clean but I have started to get something of a schedule down. My mother-in-law would say that just as soon as you get the schedule going the kids change. It's true though. I have started a project again though. I'm making a Halloween costume for the Babe. He wants to be Curious George and a pumpkin. I found orange felt on sale for like $2 so I bought that and the fabric to make the monkey costume. Yesterday I cut up the felt and sewed it to make a pumpkin and he wouldn't put it on. It said it was scary! So I cut out eyes, a nose and smile for a mouth. He likes it a lot better now! What a weird kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment