The swimming lesson today was pretty much successful. There are 6 kids in his class 3 boys and 3 girls. One of the boys and one of the girls (who are friends) are completely out of control and the teacher spent most of the time trying to keep these 2 from drowning themselves. The Babe spent most of his time hanging on to the wall. But the neat part was, I could see the teacher show him something, tell him good job when he tried and then he would just light up at this praise. It was a very sweet mommy moment.
The success part comes this afternoon when we went swimming in our pool. I took him out there while the Little Lady was sleeping just before Daddy got home from work. And I encouraged him to do some of the things that they taught him at class and he did them! He successfully kicked across the pool while holding onto a noodle (unassisted) and he jumped off the side while holding my hands. He also went all the way under the water for a few seconds (in hopes of grabbing a penny off the bottom....motivation). This wonderful swimming session ended after I left the Babe with the hubby. Apparently, the Babe almost drown. Well probably not but it scared the hubby and the Babe. So we'll see how excited he is about going to lessons tomorrow.
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment