Monday, June 04, 2007

Lack of a Driver

Today we had a scary experience for the Babe. To explain, I must give you a little background. In Vegas, there are tons of car washes all over town that cost $3 and there are guys who scrub your car a little before you go through the fun car washer with all the funny things that slap against your car and the spiny things that hit the sides. With a 3-year-old, we would frequent the car wash near our house. It was his little treat for being good at the store or library. At $3, it was cheaper than ice cream and hey I got my car cleaned too.

And. then. we. moved.

Here there are no neato car washers with guys who scrub your car. There are those places where you have to get out of your car and use the brush to scrub your own car and you actually pay for it. And we have yet to find one of those old fashion ones at the gas station that just have the neato spiny things that get the sides.

Today we were so excited when we saw and a place called something like Super Duper Car Wash. We pull in and it looks like the places we are used to, it smelled like the places we were used to but sure enough it wasn't the places we were used to. First, I was a bit upset at seeing their prices start at $6 and go UP from there. And that was for the exterior only. I begrudgingly agreed and went to pay the nice man when he told me I needed to get out my car and take the money inside.

Get out of the car??

I had my sleeping 9-month-old and overly excited 3-year-old in the car. So I asked the man if I could leave my kids in the car for the 2 seconds while I ran in to pay. He said sure. *insert bad mother comments* Well I paid, came back out to find my car was gone! GONE! Apparently, they take the car through the washer for you. Well my 2 kids are in there. ALONE! I go back in the place and there are huge windows where you can watch your car go through and me I could watch my kids. I could see my son freaking the heck out in my car. As soon as the car came out, I notice a man get in the drivers seat and drive the car off. Again, I have lost my car. What is with this place?

They drive it over to a drying station where the nice men dry it off. I run over there to find my 3-year-old of course freaking the heck out. I thought he was just upset because it was loud, or dark, or mommy wasn't there, or scary. But he was freaking out because the car had gone through the car washer without anyone driving it. LOL! Of all the things he could be scared of. I guess that's an important one on his list.

No comments: