Our family has a history of barfing. Both our children had reflux and barfed constantly for the entire first year. First up are our 2 favorites from the Babe's childhood.
Both happened at church. Maybe there is something especially puke-friendly about our church. The first was that I was sitting next to this woman who was playing with the Babe. He was looking in her direction when the barfies came out all over her scriptures. When I apologized profusely, he comment was, "Oh I was planning on getting new scriptures anyways."
The 2nd we didn't actually see. We were sitting in sacrament meeting letting our son crawl around on the floor under the pew. The next day we were visiting with the couple that happened to be sitting behind us at church the previous day. They told us that it was so funny what our son had done at church. We had no idea what they were talking about. They told us how he had crawled under the pew and barfed all over one of the hymnals then closed it. We didn't even know so now I have visions of some poor person opening the book to sing finding my son's surprise.
The Little Lady has recently topped the Babe's 2 favorite barfy stories. This lovely one happened at the fair last weekend. We sat in some crowded bleachers to watch a tiger exhibit. The Little Lady had just eaten and was loaded. Of course right in the middle of the show she spit up. I hurried and grabbed a rag to clean it up. Once the show was over, I noticed that she had really spit up a lot. Not only had she gotten my pants a bit, but also the bleachers were covered and the back of the man sitting in front of us was covered. I didn't know what to do. So I ran. Hopefully, he didn't notice?
This is why any pictures we have of the first year of our children's lives, they have large wet, colorful spots around their necks. Yes, I do try my hardest to keep my kids clean but how many times a day can you possibly change a child's clothes? And if perhaps I do leave a portion of my carpet showing in a picture, pleeeeease don't look at it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I sent you an email, but also wanted to leave a comment. I'm your blog exchange partner. Please email me at jodi@lucidphoenix.com
Sheesh, you are not the only one who has had to deal with the reflux with the kids. I had to with my daughter!! Sorry it has been awhile since I've been here, I plan to rectify that.
Meanwhile, you've been TAGGED! You can find more info on my blog!! TTYL!
http://karlanakulseth.com/blog/?p=593
Post a Comment